My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Nick Names or My Family Is Weird

I was reading what Lost A Sock said about names not sticking and this came to mind. All the kids in our family ended up with nick names. A couple are cute but most are just plain weird. I shall just go right down the list acccording to age.
Heather-Heffy,Heather Louise
Billy-Bilbo Baggins, Bilbo
Joey-Joser, Coco Rusty
Sara-Sara Jean the Monkey Bean(prettiest girl i've ever seen) or just Bean
Cady-Cader Tater,Tater,Cadro
Grandkids:
Christian-Chritchy,Critch
Jaylon-J.J. Bean
Seth-Sethy
Gage-Gagatron,Tron
Natalie and Madison-Natason and Madilie
Nehemiah-Brother
I cannot believe I just shared those with you. Does anyone else have nicknames for their kids? Please don't let me be the only one.

10 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

The new baby's dad is Lukie, and we called him Bear when he was a baby. Sometimes, he was Lukie Bear. Luke's brother we called Boysenberry, Boyser, and Fledermaus Mensch. My niece, Cynthia Louise, we called Loulie, and we still call her Musher to this day. Musher is is in her forties.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um. I have Willi and that's about it I guess. I call my daughter Sunshine and Punky, but that's only me. We used to call her Sadie when she was little, but that didn't stick either. I recently found a journal my mom kept when I was a baby where she called me Gigi. I was a little surprised to see that. Obviously that didn't stick either. And I'm really not the Gigi type. Maybe that's why. The closest I have to a nick name nowadays is Genie. Kind of boring. Huh?

6:59 PM  
Blogger Damama T said...

HI! I blog surfed in here from whence I don't know! LOL! I love the nicknames. My boys got dubbed Bug and Twig when they were little. By the time they were teens they hated it! But the names come in handy now in my blog because someone would have to know me personally to know them! And I can tell all kinds of fun stories. LOL!!

I am jealous of your grandbabies. I doubt that I'll ever get any. So, I'll just subscribe to your blog and live vicariously through all the wonderful pictures and stories you have here! LOL!!

Enjoy them, AND GET IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA LOTS TOO! When you are gone, they will really appreciate it!

Best wishes for a very Merry Christmas!

http://damama2all.blogspot.com/

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tag, you're it! Come and see me.

3:58 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

Well, of course, you know that my nickname is Biddie, and my brother (TMOC) is Peanut, or just Pean.
We call Jessica Molly, or Messica, or Messy.
I can not tell you KC's nickname here, she would revolt in a big way!
Kayla is KK, or Lloyd, LaLa, Bubbie, Klloyd..she has soo many. Kc calls her Tra-lala-Kayla. Poor KK.
I have an aunt that her sisters call Nootzie, and another that we call Ferf, or Ferfie. Her name is Dolena, so don't ask me how we got that!
She, you are NOT alone :)

10:04 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

I am a lurker, but thought I would comment;) We have Hannah Banana, and Princess Pissy Pants(my secret name for her!) BenJammin, the JakeMeister, and my husband calls me grace. So there you go, not very exciting.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, my dear friend! I know your day will be filled with the wonderful family you so enjoy. Ours seems to be winding down and I'm already thinking about work tomorrow. My they come so slowly but last just a minute. Please know we are thinking of you!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Damama T said...

HI! Just popped in to wish you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

xoxoxo

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also blog-surfed here from somewhere!
I'm Kathryn but I get called Tipper, Kath-Kath and Ka-ka. We have Lucy-goose, Charlski (Charlie), Bam-bam (Sam), Tacy (Tracy), Ju-Ju Bean (Julie) and Dottskidoodles or Dottie (Dorothy)

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also blog-surfed here from somewhere!
I'm Kathryn but I get called Tipper, Kath-Kath and Ka-ka. We have Lucy-goose, Charlski (Charlie), Bam-bam (Sam), Tacy (Tracy), Ju-Ju Bean (Julie) and Dottskidoodles or Dottie (Dorothy)

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home