My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I Am A Big Punk

There are times when my husband drives me over the edge. I just want to get out of the car while it's going 55 in traffic. Then there are times like this. I feel like a 3 yr old crying for mommy. He is 8 hours away on the road in east Texas. He was given the chance to earn money for Christmas and he took it. I thought they had forced him to take this job but no. Yesterday he was on the road all day. He took a truck up to Santa Fe and loaded up another one and brought it back down. I have called him every hour on the hour. In between he calls me. In 20 yrs we have spent very few nights apart. He's way too tall for our bed and sleeps caddy corner and that means I sleep on the edge. He snores. I have sustained more than a couple elbow jabs to the nose. Our bed is around 135 yrs old. It belonged to his family in the 1800's. Even though it is only a small double bed we will never change beds. I always picture how many women held on for dear life to the iron headboard as they gave birth. Guess I got off the subject. Oh yes, Joe. I can't sleep without the snoring and all the rest. I love him to pieces and just thinking of all the miles and miles of road between us makes me so sad.
I appreciate how hard he works to take care of us. He never rests. I am such a great example of why everyone should get an education. I have been a waitress, a maid, worked at Holloman AFB taking care of baby chimpanzees(they act like and are treated like human babies) cleaning lady and secret postal worker at our local P.O. When younger I excercised horses and also worked at a stable. Oh and not to forget, I worked at a nursery dis-budding flowers. That was so fun. Extreem heat and humidity and rattle snakes. Now if I had any sense as a teen I would have been in college. I would like to work and let my husband finish college. I am rambling. Alot.All I wanted to say is I miss my Joe.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, I can relate to this post. I felt the same way last week. It was awful. I was so glad when Friday came around and Willi was home. Sometimes I wonder how such an independent stubborn lady as my self became such a wimp. And so it goes.

I also can relate to the education thoughts. I can't tell you the number of times I have been passed over for that very reason. Maybe we could be the poster children for higher ed! There ought to be some money in that, right?

Gawilli

7:28 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I know how you feel. I miss Shawn so much when he goes out of town.
It is easier now, but the first few times that he had to work out of town, I cried like a baby! I really did. I think of the phone bills that we racked up!
You'll feel better when he home safe and sound, snoring in your ear :)

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home