My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Feeling Thankful





No matter what other problems are going on in my life I know I am blessed. All my kids and grandkids and spouses and friends will be gathered round the table together today. There have been years where we were not all together and it's never the same.We may be broke but I am rich in food. My daughter Heather is cooking her first turkey right now. She called me freaking out at the thought of waking up and shoving her


hand up a slimy ice cold bird. Nope, I never liked it either. Ya gotta do it anyway. I always think of my Thanksgivings as a litle girl. I miss my parents and grandparents so much. I was looking for pictures of us all but couldn't find them. My dad was a photographer and we had lots of pics. I love having my Moms old china.Her mom gave it to her as a wedding gift almost 60 years ago. It was so special we only used it 3 times a yr. Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter. Before she passed away Moma gave it to me. I love eating on plates that my family actually used so many years ago. I try to picture my Grandma eating from the plate I am using. It makes me feel connected in a small way. Having family traditions is such a wonderful way to keep our families together and pass down to the little ones,stories of their family that is no longer with us. More than any other time of year I feel my Mother beside me as I cook. I wish you all a wonderful day and many blessings. Posting a picture of my Dad and his dad. My grandpa was a conductor in Los Angeles on the street cars that used to run there and later on the Southern Pacific Railroad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I love having my family gathered all around, too, even though there are only 5 of us. It's easy to remember what you are thankful for with your family all around, laughing and being together.
Thanks for sharing the photos. :)

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Deb. What a beautiful post. I love hearing about your family now, and from back in the day. You are very blessed to have so many around the table. I'll be thinking about Heather cooking her first turkey. I just put mine in. I would love to see a picture of your China. What a lovely memory. I always think of my mom when I cook also. When I was little she and her brother, my Uncle Bob, always made the dressing the night before Thanksgiving in a big old crock. That is a nice memory. I hope your day is wonderful. Many blessings to you and your family.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

I have my mother's china too. Now, that I am reminiscing, I remember that my parents were married on Thanksgiving day. I love the old family photos.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thanks for your comment (and prayers for our Karly).

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home