My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Friday, December 07, 2007

Day Of Infamy




When I was a little girl all the children knew the meaning of Dec 7th. I don't think they study it much in school anymore. Until the film with Ben Affleck most kids knew little or nothing about Pearl Harbor Day. I think the most you can hope for in the way of remembrance these days is to be made into a 3 day week-end. How sad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lost A Sock said...

It's amazing how some things fall away as generations pass. I wonder what our kids will remember of September 11th?

7:04 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I am totally amazed (and ashamed) that I missed the day. Usually I remember, but life has gotten a bit carried a way this year. Like Molly, I wonder too what our children will think of September 11th?

Do you have an email address that I can use, to send you our address?

7:52 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I had forgotten, too. It is so true that some things fall away as generations pass.
It's so sad.
Do kids learn about this in school anymore? I think it's funny that my daughter is taking American History in school, but not Canadian history. I wonder if she has learned about December 7th?

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were talking about this at work on Friday. I remember my mom's sadness vividly. I don't think children today really relate to it, or 9/11. It all looks like a video game to them.

Gawilli

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home