My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Friday, December 07, 2007

Hey, I'm Trying



To what, you say? Mostly to put commas in the right places. But no, I am trying to post more often. I want to post a great post. My brain is like clogged and I just think about it but do nada. I shall tell you about my day. Hold on cuz I lead one exciting life. Yesiree. No babysitting Gage today so slept that extra 25 minutes before getting dressed and driving Cady into town to school. Yes, we have bus service. The damn thing comes at 6:45. Shes alone out there at sunrise on a country road. Shes a tall blonde with green eyes and hell no she isn't going to be out there alone. School starts at 8:25. Seems we don't have enough buses and this is the way it is. So I drive to town everyday. It's only a 15 minute ride but it means getting up and dressing and all that crap. I prefer not to even see other humans and never like speaking until at least 9Am. Gage has special songs that he must hear and when he has a favorite it plays non stop. 3 weeks ago the tune of the week was "You're Gonna Miss Me" by The 13th Floor Elevators. 2 weeks ago it was "It's Tricky". I don't know who sings it but it's in White Chicks. He insists they are singing "It's Turkey." This weeks song was "Sara" by Jefferson Starship. We all like this song but it makes us all cry. When my Sara was 12 she moved in with her dad and we didn't see her much for a couple years. (she was going thru her spoiled princess phase) Thank God by Monday I can start on a new song. So I came home from dropping her off and picking up meds and going to the bank and did some laundry. Are you feeling the excitement yet? Joe came home for lunch and to feed his giant herd of smelly ducks. Joey called and needed me to watch Gage and so he and I played with the coloring book that Biddie sent him. I didn't notice that he colored his feet top and bottom with color. Not crayons but magic markers. He also colored his tummy, mouth inside and out his arms many toys and my coffee table. It washes off so no biggie. Gage is in love with Biddie. She sends him goodies from Canada. Thank you Biddie. He loves the books. Hang on, my day is not done yet. Gage leaves, I begin to pick up toys and do more laundry but decide instead to blog. Joe is working late. Cady is spending the night with friends. Tomorrow night is the Christmas parade. It is also Joes employee Christmas party. It is the one night a year that I can get dressed up and eat a dinner I didn't have to cook and I don't even have to wash the dishes. Hell, they even let me have drinks for free. I use this as a time to taste all drinks I have always wanted to try. Yep, I get a bit toasted. I was looking for something to wear last night to a Christmas program when I discovered that I have lost some weight. I fit into alot of my things that have been hanging there for years. I was more than a little happy. Joe told me today that he and the rest of the volunteer fireman are riding in the parade. I already knew this but thought he would change his mind. Nope. Riding on a firetruck in a parade is not something you just walk away from. I know I should be happy that my husband who works his ass off all year long is fulfilling a boyhood dream. Firetrucks and sirens! I want him to have fun I really do. I also want to go to the party and eat and drink and have a shot at winning Christmas money. They get no bonus. They do give away a few thousand dollars. We won 100.00 in 2005. We have a huge family and could really use the money. I think maybe we could do both. Joe could leave the parade after his truck is done . He got no Christmas as a child. He works 24-7. He needs to have fun. Our anniv is the 28th. We will do something fun together then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

LOL. Oh, I am sorry about the markers! I am laughing, though, because it happened to you, and not me :)
I hope that you have a good time at the party. I hope that you win some money. That would be great, and I think that Joe deserves a bonus. You both deserve some fun.
I can't see people early in the morning, either. Yuck. Never mind actually getting dressed and all of that.
Love the snowman comic, btw.

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to hear what Gage's song is next week.

It must be nice to fit in clothes you already have! I generally go in the opposite direction. And I agree about company parties. Tis the season to have some fun. Hope you win BIG!

Gawilli

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home