My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Monday, November 19, 2007

ROAD TRIP Part 1






What could be more fun than dragging 3 kids from their warm beds at 5:30 A.M.and loading them into a van? Well if one if them(Natalie the 23 mo. old) was up most of the night puking that would certainly do it. It also means the mom( my daughter Heather) got even less sleep. I agreed to go along because even though I am not a morning person I couldn't let Heather drive 100 miles away to the airport with 3 kids alone. We were taking my oldest grandson Christian to El Paso Texas (nearest airport) to catch a flight to Atlanta to spend Thanksgiving with his dad and grandparents and great grandma. Grandparents are super nice and love Christian and have the $ to fly him out several times a year.This was a last minute thing and must have cost a pretty penny. They called and asked Heather on Saturday if he could fly out on Monday. We really did not think they could get a flight at that late date but they did. The ride there was not bad cuz the kids stayed asleep till the sun woke them up. Heather and I looked like hell.I had on a jammie top instead of a sweater. Even though she had cleaned Natalie up as good as she could in the middle of the night there was a faint smell of barf in the car. It really wakes you up better than coffee. It was a strange thing to witness birds of prey hunting for breakfast and geez there was so many smashed rabbits on the road. Only 2 coyotes though.GOOD MORNING WORLD!

We left extra early because last trip he made in Aug they were 5 minutes late and he couldn't get on his plane. Once the luggage is on ,thats it. Heather made real sure that didn't happen this time. Flight left at 9:45 and we arrived at 7:50. Upon check in we were told his flight was delayed. Yippy! Sleepy sick kids love hanging out in the airport. For hours. The worst part was that I never go with them when he is flying out. I know I will get upset. I forgot about that till his plane started to taxi down the runway. Tonight he is safe and sound in Tennessee. Soon as his plane touched down (3 hrs late) they drove to Grans house in Tenn. I love you Christian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home