My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

I Think I Am A Tad Scared

I have tons of Halloween pictures of the family that I cannot wait to post but I am a bit freaked out by a phone call from the Drs office. I had bloodwork done last week and I was told I would hear from them if there was any problem. Well when I got home yesterday I could see on the caller I.D. that they had called. It was after 5 so I couldn't call till today. This morning I returned from driving Cady to town to school and they had called again. Geez, they were open for a whole 10 minutes before they called me and I started feeling the stress level climb. After a long wait and lots of elevator muzak I got a nurse on the line. She says the Dr has ordered more bloodwork for me and most of it has to be done at the hospt. It seems I have elevated hemoglobin and hematicrit. She mentioned some other things that I have yet to look up and have no idea what they mean. She asked me if I smoke as this is sometimes the cause of elevated hemoglobin. I do not smoke,,anything. I found out 7 years ago that I have hep-c. A parting gift from someone in my past. I have not had any liver problems even so. My enzymes and or viral load was okay 7 yrs ago when tested.Maybe things are not okay anymore. The nurse kept telling me she was so sorry. I mean hell, she said it 4 times. That has me more freaked out than anything else. I am afraid. I cannot talk to my one person I always talk to, Heather my oldest. She called me crying last week. She had a nightmare that I had died and was more than a little upset. My husband is having hell at work right now and since there's nothing to tell it seems lousy of me to burden my family with the endless possibilities of what could be going on with me. I have taken alot of things for granted. Like even with the hep-c I am just fine. Most people die with it and not from it. I begged for and was given 10 minutes with my Dr in the morning. Maybe she will put me at ease.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy I don't like it when the doctor's office does that. Usually I make things up in my mind that are far worse than it turns out to be. I'll bet that is the case with you. Please let me know what you find out. I'll be thinking of you.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home