My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Another Week-End Of Fun (work)



I am too tired to do this party thing. I just wanna rest. I am not going to get to though. I finished making the dress for Madison.(Natalie modeling the hat) Now I have to make one for Natalie. I don't have a picture of her wearing it but I do have a pic. My pride and joy that dress. I found it hard to give it to Sara and let her actually take it home.I think I wanted to keep it hanging where I could show it off to everyone who came in the door. I am known for taking forever to complete projects. So, there ya go. Cady's birthday party is tomorrow night and I am not into it this year. We went all out last year and I was hoping this year we could skip the whole teen age friends thing. Not gonna happen. She's so spoiled. When all 5 kids were still home we couldn't afford much. She doesn't appreciate how much she gets. Her sister Sara is having a talk with her after school today about that very thing. We got her a cell phone on her birthday. Joe was so excited about surprising her.( after I guilted him about not letting her have one) He ordered it and it was delivered to the house by UPS the night we took her to dinner. They even hid it on the porch so she wouldn't see it when we got home. He got it all set up and then put it on the couch behind her head and called the phone. She was thrilled until the next day. They company he got it from made a mistake with her account and she couldn't receive texts from her friends. She complained that it was a bad company and we should have asked her about it first. Was I mad? Oh hell. I went in my room and closed the door.Her account should be fixed and fine by today or Monday. Sara will be reaming her a new one right about now as she is picking her up from school and dropping her off at work. Sara remembers what being poor was like. I thought Cady did too but I guess not. We still don't have alot but we have alot more than we did and I am grateful. Will post birthday pics.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Your handiwork is beautiful.

I am the youngest in my family. Things were easier for me than my sisters. When I was very young, we only eat meat once a week. We did not have a car until I was 10 or 11. By the time I was ready to drive, we had two cars, and my parents let me drive frequently.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

The dress turned out beautifully!
I can not believe how gorgeous your little Natalie is! You have such a beautiful family :)

My girls sometimes forget how good they have it, too. We are not rich, but we really try to go all out for their birthdays. I wonder if they realize how difficult that can be for us.
Jessica will turn 13 9 days before Christmas. It is always hard to do something fun for her and to get her a nice gift so close to the holidays. Somehow, we manage...
I hope that when my girls are a little older, like your Sara, they WILL realize the sacrifices that we made for them...
Cady is a good kid. She is just a little self involved, like most 17 year olds. (Or my 19 year old!)
I hear that this passes, but you would know better than me :)

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home