My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

My Week-End


With a title like that you gotta read on.Or not. It's 1:00 in the afternoon. Spent 3 hrs trying to write this and I cannot get off the phone. I am not much for phones. You would never know that as I always have one attached to my ear. Spent the week-end with Lynne sewing a dress for one of my granddaughters. Just have the handwork left and I will be finished. I have never liked trying to follow a pattern so it was work. Lynne sews beautifully and I am fortunate to have her help me along.Yesterday we all got together at my house and cooked a bunch of beef out back and drank beer and I broke down and opened one of the bottles of wine I bought at the Wine Festival. It was supposed to be for Thanksgiving but I am not a beer drinker and shit, I had no choice. It has been cold the last 3 nights so Joe built a nice bon fire and we all huddled around it and waited for the steaks to cook. My house still smells like a campground but I kinda like it. Fall is wonderful and we are going to try to be outside as much as we can before winter sets in. Cannot wait to take a picture of the jumper and hat as soon as I finish the hem. Happy Thanksgiving Biddie.

2 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

Thank you! LOL. The dress look sweet, I wish that I had any kind of talent when it comes to sewing. I can mend socks, and that is about it.
It has been very warm here, so warm that we thought about hooking up the a/c. This was the 1st Thanksgiving that I can remeber ever wearing shorts, and STILL being too hot :)

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! This sounds like heaven to me! It is finally getting cool hear this evening - I have my old denim shirt on and its still a little chilly. Yahoo!

Its been a long time since I have sewn. Last year I made some woolen shawls for gifts and that's about it. Slacker. Maybe one of these days I will have some grandbabies to sew for!

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home