My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

It Seemed Like A Quiet Rainy Evening

It was a bit cold and rainy last night so I made a pot of stew and bread.We don't get much chance to eat dinner together around here. Just before the bread was done Joes Beeper went off. I didn't ever hear what was going on just that he and Cady were reponding to a call and bye. A few hours later they came back with a sad story. While we were all enjoying family time a man living less than a mile away had tried to take his own life. It was pouring rain and dark. When they got to the station Cady had only enough time to put on the top part of her gear. Cady was put on traffic detail. Thank God they kept her outside. This poor man had blown off part of his head. Cady kept cars back while the medivac helicopter landed right there and took him to Albuq.Cady came in soaking wet and Joe was covered in mud. I am proud that they have chosen to volunteer for a job that serves other people in our tiny village.But I worry. My daughter has been stuck on being an EMT for a long time and I wish she would change her mind. Many people in my family are nurses and I guess she comes by it naturally. Maybe she will get into nursing. Still, I think of the family of that poor man who felt so sad he wanted to die. Our lives touch so many others and sometimes we just don't realize how much we matter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

OMG. When UI worked in teh morgue, I saw a lot of this...People that couldn't cope. It is soo tragic.
I think it's great that Cady wants to be an EMT, but I would be worried, too.
You are right about touching other lives...It happens every day, and we sometimes don't even know it. I will keep that man in my prayers.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home