My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Happy May Day



When I was a little girl my Mom told me about May Day when she was little. She told me that all the kids picked flowers and made pretty little hanging baskets from doilies or scraps of material. They would then go to favorite neighbors and hang them on doorknobs, knock and run away. I did this every year for a long time. My kids did it too. The little old ladies on the block would always especially love this. Guess nobody remembers that old custom anymore. If the wind were not blowing about 45 MPH I would go cut some roses. Happy May Day to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home