My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Day Is Done, Finally


Got well and then got sick again. Since I no longer keep Gage on Fridays,I thought I should go to the clinic to find out what I have before I give it to the kids. I moved at snails pace all day and got almost nothing done. By 3 in the afternnon I had taken a shower and washed SOME of the dishes I left last night. How disgusting. We had "orange roughy". Yes, my kitchen stunk. Even so it didn't bother me enough to make me get them all done. Hey, they are still waiting in there now. What the f--k.I did manage to take myself to town and buy Easter junk. Not food of any kind. hell no. That would have been the smart thing to do. I spent 68.00 on candy and paper easter grass. Oh I did get one useful item, a bottle of Motrin. Now I have to return tomorrow and buy actual food for Easter dinner. Even with all that candy I already bought I bet I will find more I need. Even though the Easter Bunny comes to the kids houses and leaves each one a basket, he has always felt that there should be another waiting for them at Grandmas and Grandpas house. I am pretty sure it's cuz thats how it was when I was little and I don't much like changin traditions. All my kids got baskets until they had kids. Now they gotta steal from them if they want candy. I never liked those Peeps. You know those icky mashmellow chicks. I never buy them. Now Sara says she wants some. She won't eat them.

After blowing all that money on candy I had Joe meet me at the walk in clinic at 5. After only a 2 hour wait they took me in. By then I had a migraine also. Joe had to leave at 7 and go home to tend to the animals and pick up 2 grandsons who were waiting for us. I got a script for antibiotics and a shot of Toradol in the butt. I hate shots! 90.00 for that visit and shot. Wish I could say I felt 90.00 better. But the shot helped a little and my sciatic pain is at least not making me whine. Gosh, that reminds me,I bought a nice bottle of wine last night. be right back.

Thought our church would have a Good Friday Service, nope. I don't know whats going on there these days. Cady is in a play Easter Sunday or I may have just stayed home. Every year since we have lived in this house,(16 yrs) we have a big egg hunt. We usually have between 70-100 eggs. Depending on how many kids we have. There was a time when it kinda dried up. Cady was the only one left here at home. Sara had moved in with her dad when she was 12 and the rest grew up and left. But now we are back to full force egg dying. I tried to buy some beets to make home made pink dye. Couldn't find any at Walmart. We only have 2 stores here. Walmart killed them all. As you can tell by this "Day In The Life", my world is pretty exciting and that's why everyone wants to be me,,,,NOT. Yes, I finally saw "Borat". 'My suit is black,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not", is one of the few times I laughed. Everyone likes it but me. The naked wrestling scene has damaged me in ways I have yet to find. Okay,good nite all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Hi Debi,
I am sorry that you have been sick. I hope that you are feeling better today. We don't have a Good Friday service either, but there was a Seder Meal and a Passion presentation on Thursday. Luke and Frema are coming today and our other son and his little family will be here Easter Sunday. Now, to figure what to eat.
Take care. Happy Easter

5:22 AM  
Blogger debi said...

Hi, so glad to hear from you Molly. I am much better today. it's always that way. Finally give in and pay for a Dr and get better anyway. Getting ready to go to town for the food I neglected to buy yesterday. What a dummy. Have 2 grandsons and we are going to have some fun dying eggs later.Just finished reading them my old Easter Bunny book from 50 yrs ago. They love it but not as much as I do. So happy Frema and Luke and your whole gang will be there with you. Have a blessed day and know you are in my thoughts. all the best.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Manic The Doodler said...

I guess it would be kind of a stretch to get some of those kids that hang out/live at your house to help out with the dishes, huh?

3:12 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

We went to the Sunday service yesterday but made a paper mache village with the kids and missed the sermon, although I heard it was a good one. That was about it for Easter here. I do miss the fesitivities, but one day I will have grand kids, too! Glad to see you are feeling better.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Hello Debi,
We bought stuff for dying eggs, but with some excitement on Easter Weekend, we never got around to coloring eggs. We did receive a very special Easter basket. Come over and read about it here Return of the White Robin.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Hope youn are better, you made me laugh with your cartoon up there..my throat and ear is sore right now, so I needed a laugh :)

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home