My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Quack!


Monday Monday, It was an animal day for sure. Early this morning as I was washing dishes and staring out the window I saw that 2 of Joes ducks were on the loose. I really don't deal with them. Not my job man. I called him and told him about the break out. Even though our yard is fenced we still get the occasional dog looking for trouble. I hate people who let their animals run loose. Anyway, Gage and I went outside to see if we could round up those little troublemakers. We got one but the other one kept me running in circles round the pen. In the end I wanted to hit him with the shovel. I ended up just leaving him to run free. Joe came home at lunch and got him back in the pen. By 2:00 the same 2 damn ducks were out again and now they had the little rooster with them. This is the little rooster that Joey found a year ago walking down a dirt road up in the woods just after sunset. He was glad to cuddle in Joeys coat and come here to live with the ducks. I'm pretty sure he has no clue he's a chicken. Again I chased those critters around the yard but to no avail. Brought Gage in for his nap and told Joe they were on their own. Joe got home from work this eve and they went right in for him. Naturally. While putting Gage to sleep I saw a fat mouse walk his butt across my livingroom. You guessed it, I called Joe and had a fit. He did kill 3 mice a few weeks ago and for that I was glad. I knew we had more but he was sick of the mousetrap thing and kept putting it off. Well tonight he had to set them everyplace. I better find dead bodies by morning. The reason we have all these damn mice is the damn birds. 2 messy parakeets that throw seed everyplace.Joe keeps a "Dove"(it's a pigion) in his computer room.Very messy. He found it on the porch 6 years ago and took it in to doctor it.Well, its wing is never gonna fly again so its just here. It talks all the the time.During the day Joe puts it outside and the other "doves come visit. I love that my husband is so kind, I just wish we didn't have so many birds. And just in case we don't have enough ducks,Cady has a moma duck sitting on a giant pile of eggs. Oh joy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

LMAO.
We have..10(?) bunnies, 2 cockaTOOLs,2 dogs,a fish, a guinea pig,a cat, and an illegal blue jay. Thanks to my kids leaving the basement window open, we discovered that we aloso have RATS.
Yupper. We killed 3 of the bastards last week, and I think that is it. We live in an old house, with an old cellar, so I am used to creepy crawlies(hate em, but I know that they are there), but RATS?! I think that they're gone now.
Yikes.
Hubby would LOVE ducks. LOVE,LOVE, LOVE. We live in the city, though.
As for the blue jay? He was a rescue, too, almost 2 years ago. A well meaning neighbour found him as a baby and almost killed him before we got him. We got him, fed him, and the little jerk bonded to us. He is loud, and mean, and thinks that he runs the house. He kind of does, now that I think of it. If I'm not up by 7 every morning, he screams until I get up.....
SIGH...
No good deed....

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home