My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Blog That Wasn't



I am so lazy. I never feel like signing in so that I can post. Then I am disapointed because there are no comments. Well, ya can't comment on what is not there. It's nearly 2 AM. I was planning to go to church. I bet I don't get up. I couldn't post pictures of the fight that was last Sat nite. Couldn't get to my pictures. Joe got them on here for me tonight. There fight was not as bad as I feared. My son didn't win. He was amazing. He was winning until the other guy got him in a choke hold. That ends things real fast. Billy was the main event and so his fight was last. It's surprising how many guys didn't get to fight because the other guys backed out. I would be rather upset to have driven all the way from Midland Texas ( hours and hours away) to be told at the last minute that my opponent had chickened out. Only one guy had to be taken away in an ambulance. He had a bad knee and dislocated it. I was there in the crowd praying for the poor guy who was in great pain and had to wait forever to be stabilized and carried out. Billy was okay with not winning because he put on a good fight.

My dryer broke last week so I have been like Caroline Ingles all week. I had to buy a new iron as shirts look like they have been slept in when dried on the line. My iron died last year. Lack of love I think. Well, I'm using it now. I wanted a new dryer. Joe bought a tractor. My dryer is about 50 yrs old. Joe hates the new ones and says they are a big rip off. My old dryer has a pully or some crap. As of it were planned, Joeys new dryer broke right about that time. It was unfortunate for me that the dryer broke just 2 days after I did a huge cleaning job in our bedroom. Joe did get rid of those pesky mice.

Oh, I also have a picture of the new 3 legged dog. We are having a naming problem. He is Cadys dog. She should get to name him. That way she feels better about cleaning up after him and feeding him and all the other fun that goes along with owning a dog. I call him Bubba. Joe calls him Buster Brown. Gage calls him Broken Dog and Cady says his name is Alaska. Too many sylables. Guess we can call him Laska.

Joe has put in an application on base (Holloman AFB). We have a few friends that work there and make good money. Joes current place of employment has turned out to be a big disapointment. When they found out how handy he is, they got rid of all the subcontractors and made Joe head of maintenience. He is also "safety co-ordinator". That in itself ,is a full time job. In fact everything seems to be his job. He fixes all the computers,broken gates and windows. Just the hope of a better job is pretty exciting for us. It's almost 3AM. Joe is out back irrigating. We get water at a different time every week. In the summer the water runs round the clock. I used to go out there alone in the middle of the night when Joe worked at the factory on graveyard shift. Ya gotta walk a way up the road in the dark with coyotes and bobcats and dogs. I was pretty brave with my shovel. Not anymore. I'm a punk these days. Sorry, I am never in any kind of order. Just words spilling out. Good Night. Oh yeah, the pictures of Billy are from right after the fight. He is looking pretty spaced out. Adrenaline rush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home