My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Tis A Green Day


Making a ham and fried cabbage,corn biscuits, potato salad and cheese cake. Got some "Killian's Irish Red" to wash it all down. Listening to "Enter The Haggis "and lots of other great Irish Celt type tunes. I love "Flogging Molly". Everything was going great till THE DUCK INCIDENT. One of our old ducks is sick. Maybe a broken leg, maybe any of a million things. Joe has been trying to nurse him back to health. Joe can't stand to have an animal put down. The duck was flopping around on his back and could not get upright. It's heartbreaking. Cady works for a vet. He's in Denver at a conference. I called the super nice vet who we took the parakeet to. The birdie who died of fright as he was being examined. We don't have much money left. She told me it is 30.00 to have duck put down. Then she told me we get a 10% discount. When I asked why, she said "cuz I say so, I'm the Dr's wife".I was talking a mile a minute cuz I was in panic mode. Like now. A suffering animal makes me crazy. I thought Cady would be okay with this cuz she helps with this sort of thing everyday at work. She holds the dogs and cats and prays for them and makes them feel safe and loved as they go to sleep. I could never do this. She isn't okay with this today. Poor little girl. I want to make it all okay but I cannot. If there is something that can be done to heal the duck that isn't in the crazy zone as far as price goes ,then we will do it. Joe and Cady should be there by now and I am glad I am not. I expect we will be adding yet another little critter to our pet cemetary.(horrible film) I'm sure I have lots of mistakes here but I'm not re-rreading so gonna start cleaning my porch and waiting for my broken hearted Cady and Joe to come home. Think I will have a Killians right now.

MAY GOOD LUCK BE WITH YOU

WHEREVER YOU GO,

AND YOUR BLESSINGS OUTNUMBER

THE SHAMROCKS THAT GROW.

2 Comments:

Blogger gawilli said...

Well how did this turn out? I'd have a Killians with you if I were there.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

I like Flogging Molly too except for the name...no flogging Molly here.

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home