My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

I'm Missin Frank




I have this strange thing about books. I wasn't that way 6 years ago. I think it must have started with "Angelas Ashes" now that I am really thinking about it. It's almost St Patricks Day and by now I should be knee deep in the river Shannon. I hid the book from myself after my last reading of it cuz I knew I would start it again. I don't know where I shoved it but I want it.NOW! I have read this book probably 10 times in 4 or 5 years. Oh, I read "Tis" a few times too but the first book is my favorite. I need to go and buy "Teacher Man" just to finish off the trilogy. Whatever, I get to missing Frank and his brothers and I need them. Trying to find just the right dinner to make on the 17th. No corned beef this year. I do not think that many of the poor Irish could have afforded beef anyhow. Maybe I will boil up a nice pigs head like Angela. Yum.

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Hi Debi,
I have missed reading your posts, and you have written qiute a few. Was it Angela's Ashes that the family split a moldy potato and a one hard boiled egg? Maybe not...but I remember being impressed by the degree of poverty. Still, I think that I leave the boiled pig's head to you.
Take care. Happy Saint Patrick's Day, we are going to Indianapolis to see the family including our lovely granddaughter.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home