My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

For Those About To Rock



Tonight we did something we haven't done in years. We went to hear live rock n roll. Actually it was not rock, not to me. It was more heavy metal. It was fun. We went to hear the son of a very dear friend of mine who passed away 6 years ago. My friend Dave would have been so proud to hear his boy play that bass guitar. He's the same age as Cady,16. I have been invited a few times and never went. It's a big deal to Matthew that his Dads old friends were there. My daughter Heather even came and brought the baby and the boys. There was smoking,a small bar in the corner where we had a beer and a glass of wine.I can't believe Heather came. Baby Natalie was in back away from the speakers but she loved it and was rockin out. It's the first smoke to hit my lungs in a long time and the first for the baby. Most likely the last.She was only there for an hour and it wasn't too crowded. We all cried watching Matt and feeling the absense of David. I thought it was to be a teen thing,but it was a mix of old and young. We saw lots of people we haven't seen in years as we don't party anymore. Well, not that kind. The teens were all having fun and Cady was really happy. She was not allowed out the door and no maushing. What the hell is that anyhow? Dancing and fighting? Gee,what fun. Now we gotta get to sleep cuz we got church in the morning. Baby shower tomorrow. The fun,it just never ends.

1 Comments:

Blogger gawilli said...

It seems right that you should all hear and encourage your friend's son in his musical life. I bet it meant as much to Matthew as it did to you and the rest of his dad's friends. On another note, that occasional hit of smoke is interesting, isn't it?

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home