My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Friday, January 26, 2007

The Truth,You Can't Handle The Truth


Reading 'LOst A SOck" just now I was enjoying her 1 year blogaversary. I went back and read some posts I had missed. I love reading everyones "100 Things About Me".I figured someday I would get round to it. It seems that Molly posted hers as her 100th posting. I thought that was cool and I should do the same.I just counted and realized I passed that mark 2 posts,shit,now 3 posts ago. Here's the thing. I want it to actually say something more about me that I have said so far.I mean that's the whole point anyhow, is it not? Tonight I am going to start working on a list. When I have read others 100 list they are filled with nice things. Well, I have some nice things to say too. But I also have some sad and bad things and I want to put them out there. The truth is I can't handle the truth. I wanted to blog so that I could come to terms with certain things in my life. I have not done that as it seems to be such a downer.I will try to put at least as much positive as I do negative. I am not happy with many of the choices I made in my life. I am happy with the person I have become and am still becoming. I do not choose to forget and forgive myself, lest I make those mistakes again. In fact,I cannot call them mistakes if I go back and do them again. I now know better. Hell, I always knew better. So anyhow, I am going to start work on the damn list in a minute. Maybe it will be the healing thing I hoped for in this blog. Or not. What the hell, I'll give it a shot.

3 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

I look forward to your "100 things" list. I understand what you mean about handling the truth. However, the good news is that you are happy with the person that you have become and are becoming. I guess the unhappy choices helped make you the person that you are today. About forgiveness...do you for forgive others in your life for mistakes? If so, maybe it is time to forgive yourself. In any event, I wish you happy healing.
Take care.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Manic The Doodler said...

Hmm, 100 things about me, sounds like an idea for a post, and heaven knows I could use a good one...

8:31 AM  
Blogger gawilli said...

I look forward to your list, too. It is both the good and the bad that make us what we are. It's interesting that you talk about making sure you list at least as many positives as you do negatives. I thought the same thing reading someone else's 100 things list and wondering what mine would look like. I don't think I'm ready to tackle the honesty right now. I hope it helps you find the peace you are looking for, Debi.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home