My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Make It Stop!


After going one month off my hormone pills I am THRILLED to say that I am back on them as of 4PM today. Just to help it along I just took 1 more. I feel like I am GOING OUT OF MY FREAKIN MIND!!!!! How can other women do it? Do what? Hmm, go without sleeping more than 15 minutes at a time , having hotflashes. Oh I don't mean your momas hotflashes. I mean hotflashes from Satan himself. I find myself jumping out of the bed all night long and being glad for a few minutes that our house is somewhere aound 38-50 degrees depending. But then the hotflash goes away and there I am all sweaty and frozen. Joe loves it too. Because I get no real sleep at night I am like a zombie all day. I catch myself nodding out with Gage here. I make sure I am totally uncomfortable so I never go into a deep sleep. But it's not like I can stay awake all day. Thank goodness he's 3 and he stays right there with me. Plus, it's too cold to venture out of the living room. Today I told him a story while I sorta dozed. I am getting good at talking to him and still resting.Usually he takes a nap but not today. Here comes another one. Truly, I would rather give birth than have hotflashes. In a few days there should be enough hormones in me to let me sleep all night except when I get up to pee cuz I also have high blood pressure and the meds make a person run to the potty ever hr but that aint nothin. My sweet Moma died when she was 1 year younger than I am now and she never got to warn me about this. NObody told me how awful it would be. Okay, compared to lots of things I guess it's not that bad. At least I am for the most part healthy. In fact now that I think of it I am very blessed, and in the words of I think it was Roseanne Roseanna Danna "Never Mind". And by the way. My Moms birthday was Sunday. I'll never stop missing her. Never. PS, added a family pic from when I was a little girl. Thats my Mom in the middle.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lost A Sock said...

I'm sorry to hear about your misery -- I'd be back on the meds too!!

I love that picture you posted. Very cool.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

They're not hot flashes, they are power surges, baby!
I feel for you. I know all about the lack of sleep thing, and the midnight bathroom trips. Some nights, I go every 15 minutes. Mind you, I don't have brain melting hot flashes.
I'm glad that you finaaly got your hormones again. I hope that you are feeling better soon. :0

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally thrilled to tell you that after just 24 hrs on my meds my hotflashes have been cut in half. I woke up today feeling so much better. They still come but they are managable now. Soon they will be all gone.I have had a great day.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Glad to hear it! I can't phone - n0 long distance on my phone right now. Thinking of you :)

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! That was me, Biddie.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mom was a beautiful lady. I see where you get it from.

My mom was going through Mini-paws, as Willi calls it, when I was heading into puberty. We were a train-wreck waiting to happen most of the time. Glad you are feeling better.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Power surges that's it. I am sorry that you having been suffering flashes from Satan.

Your mom was a pretty lady. I can see the resemblance in you.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home