My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Why I Wear Slippers



Was waiting for something interesting to come along to blog about. Heard old Bubba, Charley,Laska(3 legged dog) barking a minute ago. Look what he found walking down the hall.This is a vinegaroon.It is in the scorpion family . This picture was not taken by us. My camera is dead for now so I found this pic on Reptile Auctions. It's about the same big size.If you want to buy this guy he is only about 35.00. Whenever it rains they come on inside.They are pretty harmless but you will never get used to seeing one in your house.Many times I would get up at night to check on the kids and cover everyone up and wonder why I was smelling vinegar. About the same time I am wondering it hits me, I have just kicked a vinegaroon. Gosh I hated that. Having to quickly find a container and the damn creature and catch it. You are never going to go back to sleep with that thing crawling in your house and especially your kids room. Since we have lived in this house I have twice had a scorpion on me and once been stung. It feels like someone touching you with a jolt of electricity.It pulsated for a week after. I survived and now I am not so afraid. I still don't like bugs though.

4 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Oh Debi, I don't mind bugs, but your vinegaroon is something else.

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never heard of this critter. How interesting. I would be wearing slippers too. It really looks huge. I will have to google that and learn a little more. Thanks for sharing. I think.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I found you! Or, you found me! I'll be back, just stopping by to say hi!

4:28 PM  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

Got here thru Biddie's.

That bug is just plain gross! I hate bugs and to think of that thing crawling on me on in my house... argh!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home