My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Because It's Fun Monday






I will show you the worst of me. I don't know why I would do such a thing but it does feel good to be honest and just do it. We have books everyplace in our house. Joe has taken over a small dresser and put books in it. It doesn't matter that I have threatened his life for destroying the drawers with all that weight. When someone is moving or cleaning they send the books to me. They are like unwanted children, how can I turn them down? Each has something to say, something to teach. Oh and we have a problem with movies too. Shelf upon shelf of movies.It would be okay if they were all DVD's.

10 Comments:

Blogger Beccy said...

I know how you feel about getting rid of books. I 'lend' some to my mum, I don't want them back but she isn't allowed to get rid of them!

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One can never have too many books! Even the poor orphan ones need a home. :)

10:41 AM  
Blogger ChrisB said...

After my daughter's comment (beccy) you now know why we have so many books to store. Also my mother is an avid reader and I get all hers, and my hubby had an ever growing collection to house. We have run out of space and a lot are in boxes in the loft and cupboards. You have a cool Beatles picture!

1:45 PM  
Blogger MommaBoo said...

Enjoyed seeing your "little corner of the world". I also like your porcelian dollies.

Enjoyed seeing your "Fun Monday" today.

Happy Monday

1:55 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Debi,
Hello, from Virginia.
I really like the painting in the first picture. Did you or one of your family paint the picture?

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We like many of the same movies. I loved Body Double and Big Chill. And I definitely agree about the need to take in wayword books - at one point we even stacked them in milk crates. You have some cool pieces of old furniture, Deb.

Great Fun Monday!

5:05 PM  
Blogger theotherbear said...

I too liked that painting in the first picture. And I feel the same about books!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I lend books and never get them back. I always put my name in them too.

I'm really getting a kick out of everyones piles of books and stuff.

Makes me feel like I'm in great company. at my house I used to worry about it. Now I just step over it.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

ps did you make the porcelain dolls?

7:12 PM  
Blogger debi said...

mjd,I forgot to mention that I did not paint that picture. The lavender fields was a gift from Cady for my birthday.I love Van Gogh. I have it propped on the piano until I find a place to hang it.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home