My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fun Monday




I have many pictures to post but think I will just use a few. The first is a Beatles momento I received when I was about 10 yrs old. They were handed out to all the kids going into the theater to see "Help." I don't know how I managed not to lose it. I got it in Roseville Calif. It has been all over the place with me.
The next is a picture that belonged to my Grandma Beth. It always hung by her bed. I was the only girl in the entire family and she spoiled me terribly. I loved it. My Dad gave the picture to her.
The last one is my Moms little bag. It was a gift from my Dad back in the 50's. It has been 25 yrs since I lost my Mom and not a day goes by that I don't miss her. I have no clue why "comments" are gone. Will try to put it back. Sorry.

8 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Well, it worked. Here are your comments. I love your three choices, and each choice carries special meaning for you. The Beatle's momento is fun. We saw the movie (our first date was to see A Hard Day's Night). If we received a momento from Help, it was tossed several years ago. Hanging the golden bag is a wonderful idea, a lovely keekpsake of your mom.

7:38 AM  
Blogger ChrisB said...

I'm glad you were able to get the comments up and running. That is a lovely Beatles momento- did you see they recently celebrated the fact that Sgt Pepper albumn was released 40 yrs ago. I love the way you have displayed your mom's bag.

12:20 PM  
Blogger AfKaP said...

That bag is so cool - Your profile says you miss the 60s and 50s. Me too!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Robinella said...

I wish I had more stuff that carried meaning. I don't have anything old, I don't think. I love your choices for sharing. Thanks.

12:58 PM  
Blogger theotherbear said...

Oooh, my hubby would love a Beatles momento like that. It gives me a fab idea to look out for on eBay for his next birthday pressie.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see the comments back up. Loved your Fun Monday. That' little purse looks so cute!

7:08 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

All I got when I went to see 'A Hard Day's Night' was an earache from everyone screaming! You are very lucky.

Comments have been weird all over today, I've left about 5 or 6 on typepad posts and they've just disappeared.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I remember when the Beatles came to America... someone told me and I was clueless. I though it was an invasion of some kind of bug.

I was a ... well.. I'm not going to tell you how old I was. (:

Awww... we have pictures from Gram's house hanging in our bedroom.

funny how saving something from Mom keeps them closer. I wonder what my kids will keep when I'm gone........ ewwwww

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home