My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

AT OUR HOUSE TODAY

The roof is coming along. No friends from church showed up to help. Kinda bugs me. Joe is THE guy who helps everyone from computers, cars, bat removal,plumbing and you name it. He did have help from a very unlikely place. Our so-called neighborhood. Help from "THE HOOD".I try not to have any dealings with anyone who lives near us.I had to edit my remarks about them because as bad as they are,they are people too and it's not right to refer to anyone that way.I would have removed what I said right after I posted it and read it but blogger closed me out.Ha,serves me right! I am not proud to say that I talk this way about people and then go to church.I am proud to say that I do pray for them.But it's kind of a selfish prayer because I don't think I really care about them ,I just want them to change because they make our lives so awful sometimes. Alot of the time. Today one of the trailor people that actually works for a living (as opposed to getting checks from welfare), saw Joe working alone and offered a hand.He worked all day and said if he got rained out in the mts tomorrow that he would be back.It was such a nice thing and it made me think. I have to be a nicer person. ya know "W.W.J.D."He wouldn't talk like I do about those people.You see, we live in a house on 1 acre of land with lots of big trees and a creek that runs thru the back.It's a little old country house.I call it LASSIES HOUSE cuz it reminds me of the old house on that show where Timmy lived with Lassie. Cute but in need of lots of work.We used to enjoy bon fires every week-end. Playing horse shoes and volley ball. Along one side of our property is the trailor park. We had to stop using our yard because of the drunken fights and lewd behavior.One night a drunk man got hit with a shovel and then as he lay there in the road bleeding, someone drove around the corner and ran over him.( we found out about this when we ran out to see what the sirens were for)Meth lab bust, domestic violence,child abuse,you name it we either have it now or had it once.I just wanted you to have some idea why I use the terms I do when describing my neighbors. Things are not bad here right now.I am pretty sure nobody is selling drugs. The good thing is that most of the people here don't have kids anymore as the state has taken them all. My best friend is the lawyer for CYFD and they know her so sometimes she has to sneak to my house. Anyway,I felt that I wanted to tell something about myself ,so there you go. TMI probably.
Actually I really intended to post pics of some of my babies that came over today. blogger is no mood for pics today,

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

I am sorry that there are difficulties in your "hood." Our neighborhood is declining and although there are problems such as domestic abuse and minor drug trafficking from time to time, the neighborhood is relatively quiet. Plus, my children are grown so we do not have to worry about our kids.

Following that "Love your neighbor commandment is much easier to say than do." But praying is a start.

I am glad that your roof is getting fixed.

3:33 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

It's good to hear from you and it appears that the rain is holding off also.

Many of the troubles in your neighborhood sound similar to those in many other areas, some rather affluent ones too - except they would never admit it. It sounds like there must be some good there at least, if you had a helper today.

Hope the weather stays good. Thinking of you :)

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home