My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

PLEASE GOD,ENOUGH ALREADY WITH THE RAIN

We made it through last night.Ants went someplace during the night and gone was good enough for me at that time.While watching water collect under the paint on the ceiling in the kitchen, I noticed that the ants were making a come back.I was proud that I had not had a meltdown over over the poop and loss of our rug and the many leaks in the kitchen.When I came in my room an hour ago and saw the water on the floor, that was the final straw.But not the final leak. Heard Joe yell "aw fuck",he found another leak. Actually it found him.This one is in the hall.As I type I am listening to the steady drip drip drip from 3 rooms now.I have sat and cried,prayed and cussed. Still the rain cometh.I am afraid by tomorrow night we will have serious damage that we cannot afford to repair.Joe has done everything he could to patch up the leaks when the rain has stopped for a minute here and there. Last week it seemed he had patched it all and it was done.I am trying to tell myself how fortunate we are to even have a home.There are many around here and all over the state that watched their houses float away. I think I shall get a valium and a glass of white wine and finish "MY POSSE DON'T DO HOMEWORK".

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Oh no, first dog poop and then rain and ants too... Are you having unseasonal amounts of rain? I always imagine New Mexico as being quite dry. My thoughts are with you. From time to time, we have water problems in our basement, but that is minor compared to homes floating away.

8:28 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

Sounds like you sure are having some trials and tribulations. It is difficult to focus on the blessings in hard times like this. I hope you can find some comfort in them. Maybe another glass of wine will help for the time being. I have prayed and cussed on occasion too. Interesting how it works that way.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home