My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

BEST LITTLE WOODSTOCK IN TEXAS


With all the crapola this week-end I almost forgot about this. About a million years ago this Labor Day 5 friends and I set off without permission (I was 16) for a 3 day festival in Texas.My parents wouldn't let me go to Albuquerque that past winter to see LED ZEPPELIN. They didn't understand that I had to see them.Part of my hearing loss today I am certain is from the hours spent with headphones turned up way too far bouncing around to "DAZED AND CONFUSED" or the ever popular "STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN". We took almost no money and had no real plan.The "Hog Farm" fed us everyday.Bands played at the freestage in the campground.We made friends with people who had vendor passes and let us get in for free each day.We bummed money from all the tourists who brought the family out to see the hippies.We spent most of the time high on acid.(hey,it was the 60's man) I can't imagine anything like this today.We did all take care of each other.I would never want my kids to do such a thing but for me it is one of my favorite memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home