My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

My Computer Is Taking The Day Off

It's been coming for a while now and the has finally arrived. I need a new pc. I had to call my husband and beg for his password and promise never to tell Cady. He actually made me beg and threatened me with violence if I let my lose lips sink his ship. Cady is prone to locating virus while seeking out lyrics to her favorite tunes. I am trying to have a good day and so far, not so good. I have to have one day now and then where I get to do whatever I want. That sounds so selfish. Everyone has to do for others and thats part of being in a family or church or even a friendship. The phone has already rang 3 times since I typed just this much. Yesterday was Madisons birthday party. It had been postponed for weeks due to everyone passing round the flu. It was Saras first big thing at the new house. The new house is the old house that was the old Auntie Urbys home for 50+ years. Its a big house and never had a family. Just one little old lady. She had to be forced into a nursing home as she just could not be left alone any longer. She smoked 3 packs of ciggs a day. Burns everyplace. Walls with ugly stinky smoke running down. Urby was never a nice woman in her younger life. She is the last living sister of my ex husbands mother,Elsie. Billy (ex) tried his best to care for her but he could not do it any longer. For a couple of months after dropping Cady at school I would go over and cook breakfast for the Auntie. Sometimes the neighbors would grab me before I could ring the bell and tell me she was wandering the sidewalks looking lost. She told me each day about the man that was in her house last night. Got the picture huh? She never had children and made no friends so she had Billy and that was it. He really didn't want to do it but she had to go. She was so worked up about not being home that she got kicked out of one nursing home. Little fart she is. We love her and if it were possible maybe she could live with one of us. She can retain a conversation for a minute maybe.Then it's back to square one. This is a post I should delete and try again. I am rambling and feeling a bit like the auntie I am talking about. My thought was to blog about why I was so sad today and missing my old friends. I think I am becoming Urby only with a nicer attitude. Maybe it's a bad thing for me to ever just do a stream of consiousness thing. Oh but one more thing,Joe and I and Cady went to see Juno the other night and you gotta see it. It's not Gone With The Wind or Starwars but what it is ,is cute and sweet with a great soundtrack. Gotta say the hubby was not that into it but Cady and I loved it. It was filmed in Canada as alot of films are these days and I just love the look of Canada. I never talked about the birthday party or much of anything but thanks for being here. Whatever happened I do feel a little less sad now. I held alot of kids and babies yesterday and I generally don't get that into holding other babies. Lets face it, I had lots of my own and then I have all those grandkids. I found me a cute tiny little red head newborn and I just wanted it.Mom was young and new at the mommy thing but was nursing and that made me glad. I just felt bad that she didn't know who I was and I just plucked up her child and kept it for a while. She didnt know I was Saras mom and I eventually mentioned all this to her. You just don't let people touch your babies. The reason I ended up with the baby was the mom was in the next room and had left baby with a friend who had laid baby on a blanket next to her on the rug. She was safe and not in danger of being stepped upon. But it was very noisy and lots going on. That little thing cuddled up in the crook of my arm and smiled at me and I was hooked.It was fine that she puked on my new sweater. If you're a mom then you are always wearing poop or puke anyhow.It's part of the MOm uniform. I better go and make snacks for Super Bowl .Maybe one reason I am so all over the place with my thoughts is how many times I have stopped and talked on the phone to Joe or one of my kids since I started this post. By the time I come back I am in a different place. I tend to be a ding bat and thats okay with me. Have a great day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

I am kind of ding bat too. I liked your post using the stream of consciousness. I certainly was happy to hear from you. You have been gone for a while. Welcome back.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

LOL. I think that it was a great post.
I get hooked with new babies, too. One smile, or a sniff of that little bald head, and I am a goner.
You have to come to Canada. That's all I'm saying. :)

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get hooked with a new baby. And I liked this post. I agree with Molly, it's good to have you back. One dingbat to another, that is.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home