My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Monday, January 01, 2007

I am always so put off by the "title". I don't want to have to pick a damn title.
So I am not. Today was not bad. I stayed asleep till 2:00. I don't care,I needed to do nothing for a change. Of course when I did get up I had things I really wanted to get done but found I had no time. I had planned to take down the tree. Does anyone else have this problem; everyone is there to put up the tree. It is a major event. Opening boxes not seen in a year. The thrill of it all. The day after Christmas the tree is no longer magical. It's just a tree taking up space and dropping needles. When you go to take it down you become like the Maytag repairman,you are the loneliest mom in town. My tree is still up. I can hear it laughing behind my back.
I bet it takes me all week to get it down.
We had to go to town to pick up my jeep since we took a cab home last night.What a drag to leave your vehicle someplace else. I was feeling punked out and didn't want to drive. I can't see at night and since I slept the day away it was dark by the time Joe had time to take me. Day is done and all is well,good nite folks.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Yeah, my tree is still up too, taunting me. The big excitement to follow up the holidays will be, "How long will the tree stay up?"

12:55 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

My tree is up and probably will be up for a few days. In my parents home, we put the tree up later by other people's standards and left the tree up until January 6th. (You know the 12th day of Christmas.) Additionally, in our community, the Orthodox folks actually celebrate the birth of Jesus on January 7th. Besides, should we all have Christmas in hearts all year? Or something like that... Other the hand, leaving our artificial top half of our old tree is not such a big deal.

1:54 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

My mom always kept her tree up for "Little Christmas" - I think that is Orthdox Christmas, but I am not sure. We got ours down on Monday. I kind of tricked Willi by suggesting that we could get done in time for the Arkansas football game if he helped me. It worked! Imagine that. I really have been stressing about my job and it helped a lot to have things back to normal when I needed to go back to work. My thoughts are with you!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Hey Debi,
I sent you an e-mail, but you might have thought that it was spam. Should I resend the message?

5:03 AM  
Blogger debi said...

mjd,yes,resend.I have no clue what my mail does at times. sorry.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home