My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Friday, December 08, 2006

IMAGINE


Lynne and I don't recognize this as a day to remember(we have a celebration on Oct 9th each year) but, 3 different old friends called this week to ask if we were going to get together for the 26th anniv. of the murder of John Lennon.I am on my way out the door to go to Lynnes to borrow something to wear to the Christmas party tomorrow night but thats about it. I think John was a bad husband to Cynthia and a bad Dad to Julian. That being said, I still loved him as part of the band that wrote and sang the soundtrack to our lives back then. What was I doing when the news flashed on the TV screen? I was living in Fountain Valley,Calif. I was vaccuming the living room. I just stopped and stood there and stared for a long time. Heather was 4 yrs old and Billy was 2. During the evening I received calls from friends I hadn't heard from in years. It was strange but nice to be drawn back together again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

It is nice to remember the man, who wrote-

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

And it is nice that you have friends that remember as well. This makes me think that there are moments that the world will be as one.

8:25 PM  
Blogger debi said...

Hi mjd I have missed you. I feel a bit guilty for posting about John and missing Pearl Harbor Day. I had pictures to post and a few facts but I never had time to get on the computer.I hope you are warm and cozy today and sipping on hot cocoa by the fire. Is it really Dec already?

1:55 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

Yes they definitely sang the soundtrack of our lives. In fact they still do as Willi woke me up with the Birthday Song on Sunday! When I think of John Lennon I think of that Rolling Stone cover with he and Yoko Ono. He was quite a rascal - you are right about that one, but did not deserve to have his life cut short. Hard to believe it was that long ago.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home