My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving


It's been a while since I posted. I am not too thrilled about my lame posts and have been trying to think of how to improve them. As you can see, I have not come up with any good ideas yet. I just read Silly Hily and she is signing off and out. I do not know this gal but love to read her. Even though she didn't say exactly why she was quiting, some of what she had to say hit home. I feel oddly attached to some of you. I feel like I know you. But I don't. If you left I would miss you. I will miss Silly Hily. I have friends I made here in computerland. We write on a regular basis. It is a strange thing to make friends in this way. "Mikeythearc" was the first person I ever met online.We met 6 years ago on Napster. He was my friend when my marriage was falling apart,he became my husbands friend when we got back together. He and my husband hooked up video cams so we could talk and see. It was fun. When his longtime love and him split up he spent a year or more very sad and lonely and only communicated with me through short stories of "The Traveler". I wrote him back in story form. In the end he came out of the dark and last Dec he married a fantastic artist and is living a happy life. We were able to be there for one another in an odd way and it was only because we where friends who have never met. I don't know the sound of Mikeys voice but he is my friend after a fashion.
I hope all of you have a peaceful and happy Thanksgiving with your loved ones. I will be up early tomorrow with my hand inside a cold turkey. I never enjoy that part. It's too early to touch dead stuff. Too early to feel my eyes burning while I saute onions and celery. Thats what you do when you are the mom. It's all so worth it when you gather round the table with your family and give thanks.
May God bless all of you and yours this day.

2 Comments:

Blogger gawilli said...

Happy Thanksgiving Deb! I'm getting ready to stick my hand in that dead thing also. Willi is still sleeping and it's me and the dog this morning. Some people do not understand internet friendships. I'm not sure I did in my pre-blog life, but you are right, we are friends just the same.

Have a wonderful day. I bet you will have a houseful! It's just Willi and I today, but we opted to cook the whole shebang anyway...love the leftovers! Gobble, gobble!

3:58 AM  
Blogger debi said...

LOL, Joe was a bit concerned about will he have leftovers. We are having dinner at our daughter Heathers house this year. Our family is getting so big and my house is a bit cramped.I am cooking turkey and dressing and potatoes and gravy,then we have to haul it to town. Heather is making tons of pies and a ham and all the extras. I guess I will be cooking another bird for Joe in a few days. He's just like the dad in "The Christmas Story" ,he lives for all the leftovers. I love that you are cooking even if just for 2. It is important to keep up traditions. And so My Friend,have a wonderful day!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home