My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Thank You Veterans


We got up early today and went to the courthouse to be part of the Veterans Day service. It was Cadys first ROTC event. I must say there is something about seeing your child in uniform that brings a huge sense of pride. I have never been into that sort of thing, but I felt very American and proud today. While we listened to the speeches, many police cars pulled up with sirens blaring. We thought it was maybe part of the program. Sadly an elderly man, a WWII vet,passed out on the sidewalk.The ambulance took care of him and then loaded him on a gurney and took him away. They said he would be okay. I thought it would have been a great chance to show some respect and for all the people in uniform to salute him as he went by. When I asked one of the ROTC big wigs about it he looked at me like I was crazy and said nothing. I think that's part of my problem with the military. It was still a good ceremony.

1 Comments:

Blogger gawilli said...

We did not attend any of the Veterans Day programs. As a kid I went with my mom to many of them. There was a gathering at the memorial in Highland on Saturday that I would have liked to attend had I not promised the day to my daughter. It was the North Indiana Coalition Against the War in Iraq along with the Viet Nam Veterans Against the War, and another group I don't remember. It appeared to be a memorable event according to the paper. Very emotional I am sure.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home