My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Hometown USA


The Alamogordo Annual Christmas Parade was last night and it was so cold. Our parades include such parade favorites as people walking dogs wearing Santa hats(the dogs) fire trucks with sirens blaring, garbage trucks with all over blinking lights and large groups of bikes and 4 wheelers. Ahh,I love it. Cady marched with her ROTC group and was picked to be one of the kids holding the banner,a big honor. I stood freezing waiting for her to pass by for my pictures. When the time came the light was bad and my flash not big enough to get any pic at all. I had to run a few blocks and get ahead of her to get a not that great shot. I am not the skinny girl I was and that run could have been my final hour. I know I looked dumb running my fat butt through the parade waving my camera but ya gotta do what ya gotta do for those pictures you cannot live without. As I said the picture is not very good but the best I could do while trying to catch my breath and hold the camera still. If they could have just stopped and let me take a few it would have been nice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Parades are a wonderful community event; a nice way to start the season. Our church particpates in a Parade, but it is in the summer when the weather is not cold. Actually, this past summer the weather was pleasant for the 4th of July Parade.

1:24 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

She sure looks pretty in that uniform! I would run my fat butt after her with a camera, too! The things us moms will do!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home