My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

IF I HAD WORDS


Gene (gawilli), I love that you asked about Gages song. He loves the movie "Babe".
In it the farmer ,Mr Hoggett, is trying to get the little sick pig to drink some water. He is in his cozy little cottage on the couch with Babe and he sings this song:
IF I HAD WORDS TO MAKE A DAY FOR YOU
I'D SING YOU A MORNING GOLDEN AND TRUE
I WOULD MAKE THIS DAY LAST FOR ALL TIME
AND FILL THE NIGHT DEEP IN MOONSHINE

Gage started asking me to "sing the babe song" over and over. Now he only goes to sleep if I sing it. If he wakes up cranky and he hears his song he just smiles and lays back on his pillow or in my arms. Last Monday he took about 15 minutes to fall asleep. I sang it over and over for the entire time. He sings along with me as he falls asleep and it's the cutest thing. He was 2 yrs old last month and he has memorized this 4 line song. He only needs prompting on the last line. It is not possible to hear his tiny voice sing this song and not get tears in your eyes.

1 Comments:

Blogger gawilli said...

I have tears in my eyes just reading this post. How wonderful that you have each other in your lives. Thank you for sharing this with me. He is beautiful. And you are too.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home