My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

I TOOK 1 VALIUM FOR A 2 VALIUM TRIP

It was clearly my own fault.My husband is a very patient and good natured man.
That being said,I don't like riding in the car with him. Maybe it's my need for control,maybe it's because he drives like an old lady unless I really make him mad. Whatever it is ,we become "THE BATTLING BICKERSONS" as soon as he puts the key in the ignition. There's something else,I think when it is hot out and you know the car is an oven and you know your wife goes nuts when you put her into a hot car,you should hurry the hell up and start the damn car and get it cooled down asap.As you can probably tell, Joe is Mr Laidback and I am Ms STRESSANDHIGHBLOODPRESSURE.It was my idea to take Cady,Christian and Seth to the mts today for a hike. Maybe I didn't make myself clear.Maybe I needed to let him know that I wanted to enjoy the hike not just survive it. We went up the mt and turned off the road to Bailey Canyon where we always go. Instead of stopping where we always do he just kept going. We are on a bumpy, holey, rocky road. Oh,it's also one lane. As we went farther and farther back into the woods we saw alot of cars in the road hoping we had enough room to get around them because they couldn't find a turn around and were now backing down the road. We aren't in Joes truck,we are in my Jeep and it's not a 4x4. I am just waiting to hear the sound of my paint being scraped off on the side of the mountain as we try to get around these fools who have left us very little room to pass. Everyone in our vehicle smiles as we eek by, I snarl.By now Joe is just flying up this rotten road and acting like he has a plan.I see several places that look pretty nice with grassy meadows and flowers. We ain't stoppin there. At some point the road is now going back downhill.Did I mention that the entire time I am holding my head and feel like I may hurl at any moment and bitching just a little.(i never bitch just a little)I am now wondering if we were to get stuck or lost just how far Joe would have to hike to get reception on his cell. At last out in the middle of the woods where we have seen no other cars for a while,he finds a place and stops. This place is were you would drive back into if you really wanted to be left alone and just camp in peace.You can imagine how happy those people were when we drove up and stopped about 50 yards from their campsite. The only place to hike was up the side of a mountain.We all found a walking stick and headed out.I wanted it to be fun,I really did. As everyone else trotted ahead I lagged behind to take a pic or 2.It was a pretty steep incline and I got madder at Joe with each step. The forest rangers had been busy clearing that area of some living and dead trees and it was solid downed trees and dead branches we were trudging up.If you fell you may easily have a branch pierce your chest. When I caught up with them at the top I couldn't take it anymore and told them we were leaving for a more hiker friendly place. We picked our way back down the hill got into the Jeep had not made it 5 feet when Seth yelled "Grandma,my root beer".I had no idea that he had a full can of soda in his hand as we got in the car.It was now upside down in his crotch like a small root beer lake.I grabbed my flannel shirt and stuffed it in his lap and announced we were going home as Seth was soaked. Half way down the mountain Joe decided to turn off the highway and take the back road down. It was gravel but had 2 lanes and not many holes.It was a pretty drive and when we stopped to take a pic the kids were thrilled that way down the sheer drop off they could see the rotting carcass (i am not going to look that word up for spelling errors)of a poor deer that had badly misjudged the steepness of the hillside. We finally made it home and I just can't wait for next week-end. If all else fails we can always go back and check on the dead deer.(okay,I couldn't sleep till I looked up carcass.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Manic The Doodler said...

...And a good time was had by all.

9:46 AM  
Blogger gawilli said...

Great story! This sounds like something my husband would do also. He has no fear. I hate it when he drives through the mountains or on winding roads. I'm always worried about what's around the corner or over the hill and he just plows right on through. Usually I have worn a hole in the floorboard, and my fingernails have dug into the palms of my hands, by the time we get where we are going. I do think it's nice that you take off on these adventures though. That's a good thing.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home