My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Monday, February 11, 2008

My Best Day





Yesterday I turned 55. Not a big thrill but not so bad either. I felt worse whn I turned 50. I think it has to do with that fact that I have managed to lose some weight. In 3 or 4 months I have lost over 35 lbs. I didn't notice till last week that I can fit into my old clothes that I like. I still have alot to go but I have lost enough that even my sons have mentioned I looked better. Anyhow, the best part of my day was the early call telling me that Chuck was doing better than expected. They removed the tumor which was cancerous. I have not heard anything today and hope that no news is good news.


Joe and Cady were going to take me to the mts up to Cloudcroft for dinner at the Western Bar. As it turned out Sara and Alan and Maddie wanted to come along. Billy and Robin found out and they grabbed the boys and came too. We wandered the streets and had a blast browsing the shops. Joe let me pick out a cute hippie top and a necklace to go with it. It was fun to point at something and have him tell me get it. We never do that. They sell the worlds best hand dipped incense. I got to pick all the smells I always wanted. After dinner we found a little shop that sold gelato. Oh my gosh, chocolate gelato is yummy. We found candles and handmade soaps. It's the one place around here that sells all the things I loved from the 60's. After being in a bad funk for a few days and all the worrying it was so fun to just let my family spoil me. Besides, it's not like we do that sort of thing very often. I could get used to being spoiled. I loved that we were all together. Heather didn't come and I found out later that she was at home baking me a cake. When we got down the hill everyone came over and surprised my with cake and they gave actually gave me gifts. I am just not used to that. I felt appreciated and special. I wish the day could have lasted 2 days. It wasn't the gifts and being spoiled it was the thought behind them. Like I mattered. I guess that sounds weird. I don't ever feel like I matter much. I do now. Thank you family for giving me the greatest gift ever, your love.

7 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

It sounds like a perfect day. I am glad that Billy was there, too.
You deserve lots of special days, Debi. :)

8:42 PM  
Blogger debi said...

Thank you Biddie. After posting a few minutes ago I began thinking how I didn't like feeling spoiled. I enjoyed feeling all that love but the buying of things now feels somehow a bit off for me. Maybe it is becuase I just visited a blog that is so touching and beautiful. It was what I was reading a few days ago when I got the e-mail about Chuck. It is called The Comfy Place. It is not easy to read. It will break your heart. It will also put everything into perspective. I have not written this amazing girl yet but I am going to. There are people in this life who are going through things I cannot imagine and they do it with such grace and love that it is a humbling thing just to read their words.

9:13 PM  
Blogger debi said...

Or maybe I just feel a bit guilty for being spoiled for a day. Clearly I am not used to this. LOL.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Debi! It sounds like you had a wonderful day and good news about Chuck also. I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I'm glad your family spoiled you on your birthday. It appears you are very much appreciated and loved. And rightly so.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

There is nothing wrong with a bit of pampering now and again. You really do deserve it, Debi.
Shawn lost a friend last week,and he leaves behind his 37 year old girlfriend. It has put alot of things into perspective for Shawn and me. Life is short. We need to laugh more, spendmore time with family, and appreciate what we do have :)
Mind you, I have some of the best friends ever, so I have alot.

9:56 PM  
Blogger debi said...

Thank you Gene and Biddie. It was a great day for me and one I shall always remember.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Happy Birthday Debbie,our oldest granddaughter was three on Sunday.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home