My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Enough With The YUcky Weather Already


We are growing mushrooms in our armpits from lack of sun and too much of the wet stuff. I know I have that seasonal depression thing. I can take it for a while but comon. Last night Joe and I went to a couples Valentines dinner at church. It was put on by the youth group (the one that Cady quit) and aside from terrible serving skills it was great. Nother story. Got home and as we stepped down from the truck this incredible smell hit us both. There is nothing like the smell of rain in the desert. The sage and mesquite it carries you away. Well it does until you remember that there is about 3 logs left on the porch and if you can smell it then the rain is gonna be hitting your head, like now. Since I am all dressed up in my nice clothes Joe has to change shoes and run like hell. We actually have plenty of wood this winter. Joe splits and stacks as much as will fit on the back porch as we need it. Maybe 3 times a month. I hate fighting with him over the wood thing. I used to do it myself. I have back and knee issues now and can only do a little. I cannot haul any wood. it sucks. I like to do it myself. I saw myself as Carolyn Ingals on Little House. Don't laugh, I really did and I loved it. Nursing my baby Cady by the fireplace. I had to, it was the only heat source. Anyhow, it has been raining and snowing for 2 days. We have 3 dogs. The only way out to the yard involves my nice living room rug. I just went outside and picked up poop. But the mudd I cannot get rid of. I have strewn sheets all over the place and it looks wonderful. Its easier than washing each and every paw. 12 paws is too much for me. I think we are ready for some warm days and playing outside with the kids. I was glad to see winter and make a fire and get cozy and cuddle up on the couch together and all that. I have had enough thank you. Gimme back the sun. I can't wait to plant some pansies. It's coming I can feel it. Just a little longer thats all. If I knew how to put tunes on here you would be listening to the Beatles playing "Here Comes The Sun".

5 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

I thought that the dogs had 13 paws between them?
I am SOO ready for the sun. There is way too much snow here. I am waiting for spring.

8:07 PM  
Blogger debi said...

Oh boy. You are right.I forgot about ol Charley Marley. But not 13 they have 11. Ha ha, you are good.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great song choice. Think I'll go put that on. We're floating here and the forecast calls for continuing rain turning to snow. I washed my kitchen and living room floor last night. It was clean until the do went out. Know what you mean.

You should experiment with YouTube. If you find a clip you like, look for the "Embed" box. If you copy the script in that box and paste it into your post, it should display after it has been saved. If I remember right, you can preview to see if it worked. It's been awhile since I used Blogger, but I think that it's pretty much the same as WordPress. I love messing with the music clips.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make that "dog went out". Sheesh.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

LOL. Not THAT good! I added a leg!
Still you knew what I meant :)

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home