My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

What A long Strange Trip It's Been




I cannot seem to sit down and write anything anymore. Okay, right now I am trying. I am unhappy with my ability to put my thoughts into words in such a way as to interest anyone but myself. But that is an old subject so lets press on shall we? What have I been doing? I went through a week of deep dark depression about money and work which prompted my husband to ask for a pretty decent raise. Much to our shock and awe he got it. We won't be going on vacation or buying furniture but we can live now. And maybe we can save up for a vacation. With the summer reading program over Gage and I have not been out much.I feel guilty. It's just so damn hot that it is torture to leave the house and venture out into a No Air Conditioned Zone. But that is changing. It's getting nicer out now. Didn't get over 88 for 2 days. Tomorrow our pastor is back so we will be going to church. I had to give it up till he returned. The fill in pastor is a wonderful and nice man who worked ever so hard on his study of James. He turned one of my favorite books into the most boring 90 minutes and I was falling asleep. I was not alone but I felt bad. I know he saw me. He's just not a public speaker. Whatever. After church we are going to Cloudcroft. Our friend Bo Rivers is here from Texas to play at the street festival as he does each year.I love going to the mts. The smell of the pines is wonderful. What have I been doing for 2 days. Well, I want to tell you how I spend my time. You know this is the 10 year anniv of the death of Princess Diana. I have not turned off the WE channel. Everything ever put on tape about Diana has played(twice or more now) and even though I have already seen most of it, yes, I am watching it. I am sucked in. I want to turn it off but I am helpless to do so.It's playing in the background right now. I have read most of the books about her. All that our library had. 10 years ago I was in the living room taping a Monkee Marathon on Nickelodeon. Joe and friends were out by the creek roasting 40 lbs of chili. My daughter Heather lived next door and came running in carrying little Christian and crying "Mom, change the channel, Princess Diana is dead". When Heather was in kindergarten she watched the Royal Wedding. Since then she was in love with the Princess. All reports for school that could be done about her were done. She checked out all the books at the school library. I was pregnant with Joey the same time she was pregnant with William.(we led parrallel lives) Here I am trying to find some way to make it not weird that I am so interested in her story. I do not think that is going to be possible. I will move on.
Something else I must comment on that is of little import. Britney Spears. Her new tunes are not that bad but I don't understand the big deal. She sounds like the kids when they suck the helium from balloons at parties. And please oh God, do not show us your behind anymore. Just don't.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Welcome back, I have been wondering about you. Princess Di was a fascinating and beautiful woman. Poor Britney, hopefully she comes to her senses soon, and we can do without seeing her butt.

I am glad that you are back. Take care.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

LOL. I think that I would rather see Britney's behind than her no-pantie wearing front.
Yuck.
Mind you, are those the only two choices?
I watched the royal wedding with my grandma when I was visting her during my summer vacation. I was 11. I loved the pomp and the poshness (is that a word?!)but as for Di herself? I dunno...I felt bad when she died. I mean, she was a mom, and she had two children. I never saw her as a saint or even a wonderful person. She was a royal doing her job, although she did do it well.
Are you feeling better? I was just thinking of writing you a letter, and I checked your blog, 1st. I haven't felt much like writing myself. Must be something in the air. I was sooo depressed b/c I haven't had my meds, but today is a manic day.
Poor Shawn. I can't say that enough.......

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home