My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Moving Right Along





Because today is a holiday I have today off.I would be watching Gage by now if it were not. I do enjoy just lazing around. I laid in bed all morning and finished the last Frank McCourt book, "Teacherman". There is something about his writing. I was cleaning out a corner of my bedroom/storage dump, when I found where I had hidden Angela's Ashes from myself almost a year ago. I would read it and then if I didn't start another book fast, I would pick it up and go at it again. I was a third of the way through it when Lynne finished Teacherman and brought it to me. Now I am going to finish up Angela's Ashes. AGAIN.
Had a great time up in Cloudcroft yesterday. Bo brought with him an Elvis impersonator who was pretty good. It's amazing how close we live to the mts and how the weather is totally different. It's turning fall up there. The sun went behind a cloud and that was it, we we freezing. My Dad moved us up there in 1967. I hated it.We were from Calif and they didn't like people from Calif. All those damn hippies and shit. It's a bit better now. This is the last tourist week-end for them. The place is full of Texans all summer. They love the place. I never understood why until I met my husband and went off to meet his family in Texas. Joes family is from near Lubbock. A small town called Plainview. It's all farmland. All flat as far as the eye can see. Those Texans love the mountains. The mt towns love those Texans. They bring in lots of money. By next week-end it will be quiet and peaceful up there again. If they get some good snow this winter the Texans will be back for skiing. Better get up and start cooking. Heather and family will be coming out today. Have a great day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

I'm glad that you had a relaxing morning.
I love finding an old book (treasure) that I have packed away. It's like Christmas for me!

The kids go back to school tomorrow,and I am going to sit and write you a letter.
Hugs.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

Just me stopping in again...:)

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home