My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Why Didn't I Crave Snow-Cones?

When I was pregnant,yeah, all those times I was pregnant,I craved ice. Not just any ice mind you. Not those big barrell shaped things. I liked the little squares. No, I didn't just like them.I required them. I had to have ice. Not just in the daytime but round the clock. On more than one occasion in the middle of the night, I unloaded all the contents of the freezer looking for those pesky chips that may have fallen out of the bag. I remember cramming my mouth full of ice so that I would have enough in my face to hang a load of laundry without running out. I ate so much during my last months that I would loose a pound a week usually. I always had plenty of back up weight so that it was fine. yuck yuck! Well now it's been 16 yrs since my last baby and I am really regretting all that ice. I cracked most of my molars. Cracked all my old fillings. I am missing a few molars now. Wednesday I will miss another one. We now have dental insurance. Too bad we didn't have it a few years ago. Hopefully I can save more than I loose. Everytime that pain shoots through my head I think of that damn ice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

I heard that eating ice cracked teeth and thought that it was an old wive's tale. I am sorry that it is not. Take care. I hope that the trip to the dentist is not too painful and that you do not lose any more teeth after this one.

4:11 AM  
Blogger molly said...

Speaking of foolish things we did in our youth and lived to regret....The hair on my arms, when I was a teenager, was just normal . Nothing hideous, hirshute and awful. In summer it turned golden and gleamed in the sun . I liked it. There wasn't much of it, and what there was lay nice and flat, all in the same direction. But one contrary day I got a wild hair,[pun not planned ,but handy,] and decided I needed to shave my arms. It was lovely for a few days. Smooth as a baby's bottom. Then it got bristly. I started to doubt my own wisdom. When it grew back it went totally haywire. It grew every which way. And kept this new growth all my life. Fortunately there's even less of it now. But I often wonder 'What pOssessed Me?' At the time i didn't have pregnancy as an excuse........glad you came to visit.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home