My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I HAVE 5 KID10 GRANDKIDS,2 DOGS,1 and 2 LOUD PARAKEETS. I MISS THE 60'S AND THE 70'S,LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY,,THEY ARE SO BURNED OUT ON ME AND MY CAMERA. ITS SUCH A RELIEF WHEN MY BATTERIES GO DEAD.My dream is to run away and work in a little book store in Ireland and live in a little stone cottage with a few cats and watch the sea.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Dentists and Pain and Ducklings, Oh My!



Bright and early I went to the dentists office. I have a terrible fear of dentists. I would much rather give birth than have a tooth filled or pulled. Needles freak me out. After many shots and finding out I needed to have 2 teeth pulled, one tooth was fused to my bone. Hey, that was some fun. Extra shots of numb stuff. They didn't know that until it was too late . They had a hammer and chisel banging away at my mouth. Naturally the dentist told me this is the first time she had ever dealt with this kind of thing. Had she seen it on the x-ray I would have been sent to an oral surgeon. It's all done and it hurts like hell but I will live. Now for the cute news. We now have 3 new fuzzy black and brown ducklings. Cady is very upset that her duck hatched and at lunch her dad put the little guy outside with the 1 other hatchling. By this evening another cutie pie hatched out. Right now there are 3 babies. That nest if full of eggs so I have no idea how many we are going to end up with. The mama duck is very protective and hisses at us if we come near. All the grandkids are going crazy to come out and see the broken dog and the new babies. I think I will feel fine by Friday. If not, I think they gave me enough vicodin that I won't notice. Cadys baby duck is the dark one in the middle. His name is Jr.

3 Comments:

Blogger gawilli said...

A little bad...and then some good. Sounds about like life, don't you think? I love the ducklings.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Oh no, dentists and needles, those are two of my least favorite things. On two separate occasions, I have fainted in the dentist's chair. I hope that the pain is gone soon. I love your duckling pictures. Ducklings are one of my favorite things. Take care, Debi.

4:18 AM  
Blogger molly said...

Great stories! When I was little my favourite story waqs The Ugly Duckling Nothing ugly about your little guys though....

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home